The only person to have received both THE CALDECOTT MEDAL (A STORY, A STORY)and England’s KATE GREENAWAY MEDAL (THE POST OFFICE CAT), Gail Haley brings a unique understanding of the art of storytelling to the children in your classrooms and media centers.
- Take your students behind the scenes in the process of researching, writing and illustrating children’s books.
- Examine original art, preliminary sketches, book dummies.
- Watch a demonstration of linoleum cutting or other illustration techniques by this acclaimed artist.
- Host a book fair and autograph session.
- Listen as an author critiques student’s stories.
- Meet Gail Haley’s puppet creations.
- Learn Critical viewing skills from her two textbooks for Libraries Unlimited. [Imagine that: Developing Critical Viewing and Thinking Through Children’s Literature; and Visual Messages: Integrating Imagery Into Instruction]